The Application Network
Application networks are changing the speed of innovation at enterprises by connecting data, applications, and devices in a standardized way using APIs.
MuleSoft Customer Success
See why premier brands are digitally transforming with MuleSoft. Are you ready to connect the world with us?
What is an API?
Webinar: Secrets of a Great API
Much like a great UI is designed for optimal user experience, a great API is designed for optimal consumer experience. But what defines great consumer experience? And how can you deliver it consistently in every API you develop? In this session we’ll cover these topics in-depth and demonstrate best practices for developing great APIs through collaboration.
- Elements that define a great API consumer experience
- How to consistently drive API design in every API developed
- Best practices for API strategy and API Management
- API design pitfalls to avoid
Presented by: Uri Sarid, CTO, MuleSoft
Gartner names MuleSoft a leader in API lifecycle management.
7 Steps to Building your API Blueprint – Advice for Architects, Digital and Mobile leaders who are building an API program and strategy.
Undisturbed REST – A Guide to Designing a Perfect API
Building an API is easy, but designing an API that meets business objectives, pleases your users, and is long-lived – now that’s hard. Undisturbed REST tackles these challenges head on, focusing on what you need to know in order to design the perfect API. Along with best practices and modern design techniques, you’ll be guided through an understanding of the REST architectural style, hypermedia, and how to build an API that is both extendable and flexible.
In this ebook you’ll learn:
- How to equip yourself with the knowledge to build an API your customers will love, as well as one that can be easily integrated and extended
- Modern design techniques as well as more complex concepts such as REST and hypermedia as the engine of application state (HATEOAS)
- Best practices around how to plan, design, build, manage and share your APIs
Connectivity Benchmark Report 2016 – The State of Digital Transformation and APIs
MuleSoft surveyed 802 IT decision makers (ITDMs) globally to assess how organizations of all sizes are executing on digital transformation initiatives, IT challenges and the role of APIs to meet business goals.
The survey results reveal challenges that are hindering IT’s ability to achieve digital transformation fast enough. Just 18% of ITDMs are very confident that they will succeed in meeting this year’s digital transformation goals. IT challenges are not only slowing down their ability to complete digital transformation goals this year, but they are also directly putting business revenue at risk. In fact, 66 percent of ITDMs said that their company’s revenue would be negatively impacted within six months. However, the survey found that IT teams are looking to APIs and reuse of existing applications, data and digital resources to speed up the pace of business.
Download the MuleSoft 2016 Connectivity Benchmark Report to:
- Understand top IT priorities and investments this year
- Learn why IT teams face challenges to meeting line-of-business and digital transformation goals
- Discover which technologies and capabilities increase the pace of digital transformation and enable business teams to self-serve IT